Do you have an innovative pitch? WBENC is excited to introduce our newest program, allowing innovative businesses to pitch to buyers while competing for visibility at Summit and Salute 2020.
What's Summit & Salute?
One of two annual national events, Summit & Salute creates a dynamic environment of networking with buyers, learning from business experts, and celebrating the achievements of women entrepreneurs. This year we are expecting around 2,000 attendees to converge in Nashville from March 16-18.
WeInnoPitch is a fun combination of two of WBENC's most popular programs:
- • WeInnovate! is an innovation pitch opportunity for selected WBEs to present innovative solutions to America’s Top Corporations for Women Owned Business.
- • WBENCPitch is a multi-round elevator pitch competition with applications open to all WBEs to pitch their existing business with one grand prize winner.
The new WeInnoPITCH is a tournament-style pitch competition for WBENC-Certified WBEs focused on innovation. The competition will feature multiple rounds of pitching during Summit & Salute, with the final round taking place on stage during Salute! Dinner. The winner will receive $20,000 to invest in their innovative business or solution.
How Can I Participate?
- • Step 1: Register for a full Summit & Salute registration as a Certified WBE. All pitchers must be the female owner of a WBE in good standing, and should be available to pitch during the course of March 17th and 18th.
- • Step 2: Work on perfecting your pitch about your innovative business or solution.
- • Step 3: There is no pre-event application. Participate in Meet & Greets on Tuesday March 17th from 8:30-11:30 a.m. Meet & Greets will serve as the live application and pre-tournament qualifying round.
- • Step 4: Watch for an email shortly following the Meet & Greet pre-tournament round announcing 80 selected participants who will pitch in the First Round on Tuesday March 17th from 2:30-5 p.m.
What's an Innovative Pitch?
- • You have an existing innovative business product, service or solution
- • Your solution solves a significant problem or addresses an opportunity
- • You have the potential to be a disruptor or generate new revenue streams
- • You are able to articulate with facts in a memorable way
- • You've got the WOW factor that piques curiosity and makes a bold statement
Questions? Stay tuned for more information in the coming months about this exciting competition! If you have questions in the meantime, please view the FAQs below, check out the official rules and regulations, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org