This month, WBEC-East is partnering with WBENC to celebrate Women’s History Month in March with a campaign honoring trailblazers, disruptors, and innovators throughout history who had immense impact on our world as we know it. We are honoring these women innovators of the past by supporting today’s trailblazing entrepreneurs.
But supporting women-owned businesses is not just a campaign; it’s the core of what we do. No matter where you are in your entrepreneurial story, WBEC-East is here to support your continued success. We offer a comprehensive menu to help start your business with training, counseling, and networking programs and services. For those already in business, we provide educational, networking, procurement-related, and informational programs and services that foster growth and business opportunities between certified women’s business enterprises (WBEs) and purchasing entities, including major corporations and government agencies.
We are proud to be one of the 14 territories that administers the WBENC Certification, the nation’s leading certification for women-owned businesses. Through certification, women-owned businesses gain access to a vast network of support, including targeted business opportunities for certified women-owned firms, increased visibility in corporate and government supply chains, education and development programs to spur growth and increase capacity, and networking and mentorship opportunities with thousands of women entrepreneurs and those who support them.
Simply speaking, certification opens doors for women-owned businesses and provides the tools and resources to help them grow and succeed.
If you are a women business owner or aspiring entrepreneur, here are a few ways WBENC Certification and WBEC-East active engagement could help your business:
- – Gain access to contacts at hundreds of major corporations and federal, state and local government entities. WBENC and WBEC-East only partners with corporations and government entities who are dedicated to supplier diversity, meaning they are specifically looking to increase spend with women-owned suppliers.
- – Make meaningful connections with potential clients and fellow entrepreneurs at regional and national events, featuring formal and informal opportunities to meet with and pursue business with corporations and other women-owned businesses.
- – Spend time on developing your business and positioning for future growth through our educational programming, mentoring, capacity development programs, and other business tools and resources.
- – Benefit from a vast community of support from other female business owners and like-minded professionals all dedicated to the growth and success of women-owned businesses.
- – Market yourself as a women-owned business with the Women Owned Logo, only available for use by WBENC-Certified businesses.
But don’t just take it from us. Here’s what current WBENC-Certified women-owned businesses have to say:
“Being WBENC-Certified helped build my business credibility and gave me the confidence to play bigger and scale my company.” – Dee Marshall, Diverse & Engaged
“Being a WBENC-Certified WBE connects us with other woman-owned businesses that we can partner with and mentor for the success of our customers – and for each other. WBENC challenges us all to be better businesses and leaders with the help and support of each other. The value of WBENC is seen in the growth of women entrepreneurs confidently competing for work as equals in every business segment.” – Jayne Millard, Turtle & Hughes
Visit wbenc.org/certification to learn more about the certification process, documentation required, and frequently asked questions.
Also check out our free webinars with certification staff, offered on alternating months: “How to Get Certified” and “Maximizing Your Certification”
WBEC-East is your local regional partner organization serving Pennsylvania, Delaware, and the 8 southern counties of New Jersey. We are an advocate for women owned businesses, no matter where you are in your journey. Join our active network to get the support, education, resources and connections you need to grow your business! Learn more about how to get engaged locally.
WBENC is the largest third-party certifier of businesses owned, controlled, and operated by women in the United States. WBENC partners with 14 Regional Partner Organizations (RPOs) to provide its world-class standard of certification to women-owned businesses throughout the country. WBENC is also the nation’s leading advocate of women-owned businesses and entrepreneurs. Throughout the year, WBENC provides business development opportunities for member corporations, government agencies and more than 16,000 certified women-owned businesses at events and other forums. Learn more.
About Women Owned
Women Owned is an initiative from WBENC and WEConnect International to create a movement of support for Women Owned businesses. We support female entrepreneurs and those who do business with them by raising awareness for why, where and how to buy Women Owned. Learn more.