Conferences & Events
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all events being shared at this moment are webinars*
Grants, Scholarships & Programs
DEADLINE: January 21, 2021
Fearless Fund is disbursing 10 business grants to 10 women of color entrepreneurs in the amount of $10,000 each for COVID support. Applications are open from now until January 21. Winners will be announced on January 31.
DEADLINE: January 31, 2021
Open to all female entrepreneurs age 18 and up living in the United States or Canada and who pay a $15 application fee. The Amber Grant awards $10,000 to a woman-owned business every month. At the end of the year, one of the 12 monthly qualification winners wins another grant for $25,000. The submission deadline is on the last day of every month (due by January 31, 2021 if filling it out now); the winner is announced in the first week of the following month
Electrical Distribution Technology Program
Community College of Allegheny County and Duquesne Light Company
DEADLINE: May 21, 2021
The Electrical Distribution Technology (EDT) program is a joint partnership between the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) and Duquesne Light Company (DLC) to provide training in the basic skills, knowledge, and abilities applicants would need to apply for skilled craft positions in the electrical utility industry such as Line Workers, Underground Splicers, Sr. Operators, and Operations Center Dispatchers.
The EDT program begins in September, 2021. Applications are now being accepted until May 15, 2021.
For more information, please contact Jeffrey Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist, at DLC
Business Opportunities & RFPs
Total Rewards Study for Executive/Senior Directors
Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh
DEADLINE: January 19, 2021
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh is seeking suppliers to provide Total Rewards Study services for Executive/Senior Directors. The project objective is to evaluate and recommend potential changes to key philosophies, program components of executive level total rewards (Salary, Incentive, Retirement plans, Health Care program) to ensure competitive offerings towards attraction and retention of these key employees.
Bid Opportunity from Mascaro Construction
DEADLINE: February 15th
Mascaro Construction are bidding the ALCOSAN East Headworks “General” package on Wednesday, February 17th at 11:00 am EST. They will need your proposals no later than 11:00 am on Monday, February 15th. This is an all-union project with a Project Labor Agreement.
The total duration of the project is 1,305 Calendar Days. You must include all escalation labor-material-equipment-subcontractor costs as required for your work within the project schedule. It is a Lump Sum bid. No alternates. Several Unit Prices related to Sitework and Concrete Work.
Our bid team is as follows for the scopes of work indicated:
- Brian Reitz – email@example.com – 412-863-4215 – Site Work (including deep foundations)
- Glenn Gmitter – firstname.lastname@example.org – 412-863-4081 – Structure Demolition and New Concrete Work
- Corey Watts – email@example.com – 412-863-4004 – Metals (steel framing, misc. metals, fiberglass grating), Painting & High-Performance Coatings
- Nick Depperman – firstname.lastname@example.org – 412-863-4031 – Building Envelope (metal-concrete-louver panels, curtainwall-glazing, roofing)
- Tim Frew – email@example.com – 412-863-4044 – Process Mechanical
- Dave DeChicchis – firstname.lastname@example.org – 412-863-4054 – Building Demolition, Masonry, Rough Carpentry, Cabinets, WP, Joint Sealants (not w/ trades), HM & SS Doors, Overhead Doors, Fixed Louvers, Framing-DW-Acoustical, Tile, Terrazzo, Flooring, Signage, Toiletries, Extinguishers, Lockers, 3-stop Elevator, Video Cameras, Truck Scales, and Bridge Cranes
Philadelphia Gas Works’ (PGW) New Online Bid System for Procurement Opportunities is Now Live.
Philadelphia Gas Works’ (PGW) Brand New, Online Bid System PGW is now posting RFP’s (Professional Services) and RFQ’s (Non-professional Services) to one centralized location for all vendors to visit, register, and gain access to our procurement opportunities.
The Pennsylvania Unified Certification Program (PA UCP) New Website
The Pennsylvania Unified Certification Program (PA UCP) website has a new look. It is now being hosted by B2GNOW, the nation’s leading diversity management software firm. The new PAUCP website has enhanced online functionalities while continuing to allow DBE certification applicants and certified vendors the same functionality as the previous website.
Certification- and compliance-specific questions will still be answered by your certifying agency contacts. It is our goal that these customer service improvements simplify the certification and annual renewal processes; reduce the need for firms to send paperwork through the mail; and, facilitate website access for all vendor users.
Contracting Opportunities with the City of Philadelphia
Several opportunities are available with the City of Philadelphia. Notable opportunities include Construction Management services for the renovation of the 15th Police District, consulting for the Sanitation Division’s Northeast Incinerator Building Rehabilitation Project and procurement and reproduction support for the Law Department. All opportunities within the city’s eContract system are available here.
- Posts are accepted for procurement opportunities from Supplier Diversity Corporate/Council Members in good standing.
- Posts are accepted for procurement opportunities for WBE-to-WBE spend by WBEs in good standing.
- The description and link will be added within four business days of receipt.