Conferences & Events
African-American Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party
December 12, 6-9pm
The African-American Chamber of Commerce Holiday Party is taking place next Thursday, December 12th!
This event sells out each year and it is one you do not want to miss!
Register today while tickets are still available
Loews Winter Wonderland
December 15, 10am-2pm
On Sunday, December 15, join Loews Philadelphia Hotel and Albrecht Events as we transform the iconic Millennium Ballroom into a winter wonderland experience fit for the entire family.
For just $49* per adult and $24* per child (ages 3-12, children 2 and under are free), families will be able to:
- Savor a special holiday themed brunch buffet including a children’s pancake making station, carving stations and homemade pies and desserts from Pastry Chefs
- Capture moments with complimentary family photo opportunities with Santa Claus, the abominable snowman and life size snow globe
- Create themed crafts for the whole family
- Play on a holiday bouncy castle, enjoy a soft play area, mazes and inflatables for children of all ages
- Hop on the Fun Express Train Station. Next stop… The North Pole!
- Sip on handcrafted holiday cocktails (alcohol not included in cost of adult ticket price)
- Make memories that will last a lifetime!
10,000 SMALL BUSINESSES: December Info Session
December 17, 7:30-10:00am
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is an investment to help entrepreneurs create jobs and economic opportunity by providing greater access to education, capital, and business support services. To date, the program has served over 8,800 small business owners across all 50 states. Over the last few years, 504 Philadelphia businesses have graduated with nearly 50 of the graduates being PIDC clients.
Program results show that graduates consistently grow their revenues and create jobs at rates that outperform the broader economy. Join PIDC and our partners at Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses to learn how you, too, can be a part of this phenomenal program for business growth.
Allegheny County Sanitary Authority Minority/Women/SDV Event
December 17, 5-7:30pm
Are you a M/WBE/SDV vendor who’s interested in ALCOSAN’s upcoming construction projects and how your organization might participate?
Attend this free event, sponsored by ALCOSAN, and learn about:
- Specific construction opportunities
- Additional business resources
- Potential opportunities to partner with prime contractors
RSVP by Friday, December 13, 2019 via email to: email@example.com or by calling 412-269-6461
Stand and Deliver: A Presentation, Public Speaking & Story Skills Workshop
February 3, 8-12:30pm
Stand and Deliver is a presentation, public speaking and story skills workshop that teaches you how to develop a strategic story, how to use it to support your message and presentation, and how to actually tell it.
There are break-out sessions and individualized feedback which culminate in the opportunity to stand and deliver your story in front of the group.
**The workshop is limited to 15 participants to allow time for coaching and feedback. Presentations that you want to review in the workshop need to be submitted by January 30th.
For more information, visit www.bridgeviewmedia.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracting Opportunities with the City of Philadelphia
Several opportunities are available with the City of Philadelphia. Notable opportunities include Construction Management services for the renovation of the 15th Police District, consulting for the Sanitation Division’s Northeast Incinerator Building Rehabilitation Project and procurement and reproduction support for the Law Department. All opportunities within the city’s eContract system are available here.
- Posts are accepted for procurement opportunities from Supplier Diversity Corporate/Council Members in good standing.
- Posts are accepted for procurement opportunities for WBE-to-WBE spend by WBEs in good standing.
- The description and link will be added within four business days of receipt.